Bee Outside's Latest
1) Melt beeswax in a double boiler. When it is melted completely it is ready to pour.
2) While wax is melting, prepare your applique mold: Tie a knot in a string and place the knot in each open cavity of the mold.
3) Pour melted wax into cavity and try to cover the knot. If the knot floats to the top, use a small point (i.e. a needle or safety pin to poke the knot down into the wax).
4) Once the wax has completely cooled, pop the ornaments our of the molds and they're ready to use!
This is a great way to add a little holiday flourish to any candle you've bought or made. The honeycomb pattern is a nice textured contrast to the smooth beeswax candle. We found this tutorial on Better Homes and Gardens. It is easy to follow and not as hard as it looks. You only need a few items that you probably have at home, plus a beeswax sheet. What a perfect gift idea or quick way to turn all your candles into holiday decorations!
A small jar of local honey makes a thoughtful, useful, and beautiful wedding favor. We have quite a few people request gallons of honey and dozens of jars for this very reason. This bride added hand-written labels with the couple's names and wedding date as a sentimental touch. You can see that when these jars are lined up and the sun shines through them they make for a romantic-countryside presentation.
We are pretty excited about these teeny tiny 2 oz honey bears. They are perfect for a honey sample or little party favor! It's hard to tell how small he is but he's about 3" high 1" wide. Have you ever seen honey look more adorable?
If beekeeping is unfamiliar to you, you might not be aware of the numerous benefits of raw honey. "Raw" honey generally means honey that has not been processed, pasteurized or heated--which destroys the natural vitamins, enzymes, and nutrients of honey. Most store-bought honey is highly processed and not much more beneficial to you than refined sugar.
- Squeeze 1/2 a lemon into a bowl.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of raw honey (yes, it must be raw).
- Mix it with a spoon until it's liquid consistency.
- Make sure hair is out of your face (tip: use a headband) and apply mask all over a clean face avoiding your eye area.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water. It seems super sticky but will come off very easily with a little warm water.